Tuesday, October 24, 2006

3AM Wednesday Morning Coughing Blues


So I've got my "seasonal cough" back. It was pretty cool this summer without it, but like clockwork, the weather changes, I sound like a cancer-infested 84 year old man...I'd do something about it, but with no health insurance until next month, we'll lie here and annoy ourselves and others and have a groovy ol' time.

Got the iTunes on random, and Bob Dylan came up with the live version of "Idiot Wind" from Hard Rain. I can't imagine there's anyone out there who can verbalize feelings like Dylan can. Check this out:

I can't feel you anymore, I can't even touch the books you've read
Every time I crawl past your door, I been wishin' I was somebody else instead.
Down the highway, down the tracks, down the road to ecstasy,
I followed you beneath the stars, hounded by your memory
And all your ragin' glory.

I been double-crossed now for the very last time and now I'm finally free,
I kissed goodbye the howling beast on the borderline which separated you from me.
You'll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above,
And I'll never know the same about you, your holiness or your kind of love,
And it makes me feel so sorry.

Idiot wind, blowing through the buttons of our coats,
Blowing through the letters that we wrote.
Idiot wind, blowing through the dust upon our shelves,
We're idiots, babe.
It's a wonder we can even feed ourselves.


You can apply that to me as you wish. I'm sure I'm not special, surely anyone can probably apply that to someone in their lives. Just remember, the sun isn't yellow, it's chicken. (Bob Dylan said that too...I'm not on acid right now.)

That's all for now. Time for NyQuil + sleep.

Originally posted Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 2:56am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home