Monday, April 23, 2007

The fucking heat is too much

It's about 80 degrees in this here makeshift office on the second floor of a warehouse deep in the heart of the industrial area of "The Bucket". I'm not a big fan of the heat. This may be because I prefer to dress in longsleeves and sportcoats 365 days a year, and I have long hair and a beard. I'd prefer it to be 60 degrees and overcast all year, that way I won't sweat, the sun won't make me squint, and my electric bill wouldn't quadruple in my efforts to air condition my condo down to 55 degrees like Letterman keeps his studio. So, if this is what it's like in April, I can't imagine what August will be like. Perhaps I should move to Seattle or something. I suppose the sun isn't that much of an issue now that I'm working overnights, but it is annoying to emerge into the morning dew and know that the major thing that the upcoming day has in store for me is sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home