Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another Self Indulgent Music Thread

I came across some great pictures of the New York City Pogues Show I saw over at this website.

I'll put a few up here with my comments.

Here's a great shot of the full 8 piece band. (Left to right: Terry Woods (cittern), Philip Chevron (guitar), James Fearnley (accordian), Andrew Rankin (drums), Shane MacGowan (in wheelchair, vocals), Darryl Hunt (bass), Spider Stacy (whistle and vocals), Jem Finer (banjo).

Here's Shane singing away with Terry Woods on the mandolin.

Spider Stacy takes his vocal turn on the best song from the post-Shane era "Tuesday Morning".

Philip Chevron takes his turn on one of my favorites, "Thousands are Sailing".

Drummer Andrew Rankin (who looks remarkably like Tony Bristol in person) takes the lead vocal on the traditional tune "Star of The County Down."

Shane MacGowan, complete with pints of beer and bottle of wine. Not visible: Whiskey bottle.

These are just a few of the many great shots over at this guy's flickr site. Check it out if you're so inclined.

I love rock photography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home