Thursday, April 05, 2007

Rain on my parade...

Here's some random ramblings:

It's been said many times, but it still stuns me that people regress into total retards anytime it snows or rains. Especially when it rains. You'd think people had never seen rain before, the way they were driving tonight. With every day that goes by, my patience for people and humanity in general wanes greatly.

Right now, all I'd like to do is sit on my couch with my banjo or guitar and ignore the world. It would be really cool to have a cabin out in Maine or NoCal or something. I'd just sit on the porch all day and pick out songs and entertain myself. In all actuality, with the amount of taxes I pay living in Providence, I could probably afford 1000 acres in Montana, where I could fully blossom my solitary lifestyle.

Phil Spector should be given a pass whether he murdered that woman or not. The man is responsible for "Be My Baby", "Baby, I Love You", "Unchained Melody", "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" album and the Ramones' "End of the Century". Even if he did it, she probably deserved it somehow. At the very least, she had to have been aware of his history. Her bad judgement. Also, screw Ronnie Spector for not acknowledging Phil at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He not only wrote and produced all the songs she sang, but came up with the Ronettes image and that whole scene, too.

My iPod crashed last night, coincidently after adding the Phil Spector "Back to Mono" boxed set into it. What a pain in the ass that is. Thankfully, my main libary is safe and sound on my home drive, but I still need to reload the iPod by going through the 29000 songs I have in there to pick my 3000 or so favorites. Now, the computer that that drive is on has some sort of fucking adware virus on it that slows it up. I think its called SideWind or something like that. I need to get someone who knows what the hell they're doing over to fix that, and hopefully not wipe my drive. 'Cuz if i have to reload all my CDs again...I'll...I dont know. I can't imagine that nightmare.

1 Comments:

Blogger harmolodic said...

You have a banjo?

If you don't have Lavasoft Ad-Aware already, download it and let it do a full system scan and see if it can't remove your adware problem:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

April 5, 2007 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home