Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's like that Wham! song but less gay...

So thanks to unnamed evil persons, "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham! is stuck in my head, pretty much making me want to die. The "Jitterbug" chorus is especially fitting this evening, as I've been in kind of a "needles and pins" mood all day, and the large iced latte caramel super sugar special has, by no surprise, amplified the jittery-ness by about 2000%.

I have to work an overnight tommorrow night (which is, in an ugly coincidence, Game 1 of the World Series.) The Red Sox in the post season does not help my antsy tendencies, either. At least I will have a TV present at work to watch this game and either be extremely happy or reduced to throwing things about the office in a violent manner should our National League adversaries get a leg up.

I'm not quite sure of the reason for my antsy-ness. It's been a pretty good couple of weeks. I'm still not thrilled with working any weekend hours, but the sheer amount of money offered to me to work every other Sunday has made it more palatable. Regardless of what some may say, I am truly going to miss producing Matt's show on Saturday mornings at WPRO. The previous 4 hours that have been added to that shift really make it unpleasant (who wants to wake up at 4 o clock on Saturday morning for less money than a Dunkin Donuts drive thru clerk?) I'm glad to be maintaining a postion at the radio station however, as I've made some great friends there (old and new). As I believe I've mentioned before, it will be the first time in 7 years I haven't held some sort of a regular radio shift.

Neil Young's new album came out today, and while some of it left me kind of cold, the track Ordinary People really rocks like a motherfucker, and sounds fantastic. I also like "Dirty Old Man", a track about, um, a dirty drunk old man.

I kind of wish I was in San Francisco this week for Liz's Halloween party, The Bridge School Benefit Shows with Neil Young and Tom Waits, and The Pogues at the Fillmore. It would have been a financial disaster to take vacation at this time though, and it's probably better spent the last week of November for my birthday celebrations, anyway. I'll get back out there in April at the latest.

Life is truly moving fast right now. It is very difficult budgeting time and matching schedules with people I want to see, things I want to do, things I am SUPPOSED to do, and all that. It's been echoed by quite a few of my friends of all different ages (21-47) that I am not alone in this.

Next week should harvest some good old fashioned rock and roll cheese with the Van Halen concert. I look forward to watching a David Lee Roth in his 50's ride and inflatable microphone around the stage.

As a final note, I am at work right now and just recieved an order but had to go outside and get it. The reason? The driver had no legs. Life could be worse. It's pretty good right now, all things considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home