Monday, November 12, 2007

Various Random Things

It's once again been a while. Time waits for no one, I guess. Here goes...

--I just finished Slash's autobiography. What a great read. Any kind of self-abuse I've put my system through pales in comparison to what the ol' GNR boys did to themselves. Slash himself has a pacemaker, Duff McKagen's pancreas exploded from drinking too much, Steve Adler had a stroke and now talks with a massive speech impediment, Izzy Stradlin is mentally shattered, and Axl Rose is...well, just fucking insane. Since I don't smoke crack, shoot heroin, or drink a half gallon of Stoli a day (not quite, anyway...I'm a Ketel One fan, personally), I'm pretty far ahead of the game, on that scale anyway.

I just remember hearing these guys for the first time in 5th grade, it was probably the Sweet Child O Mine video, followed by a 3rd generation copied cassette of Appetite for Destruction. Holy shit, what an image. Consistantly wasted, singing songs that said "why don't you just fuck off" and "she used to love her heroin but now she's underground" and "turn around bitch I got a use for you"...this was new ground for an 11 year old. I loved that shit, it was so raw, it was like the forbidden fruit. I was weaned on the Beatles and The Stones. The Stones had their moments (although I wouldn't get to Some Girls and Goats Head Soup's Starfucker for a few years) but this stuff was scary and intense and I never forgot it. Reading the book gave me some insight to the real life behind the image. There's not much of a difference. I also determined that Axl Rose is fucking insane and there's no wonder Izzy has a fear of lead singers.

--That new burrito place Chipotle in Warwick fucking kicks ass. It's on par with Gordito Burrito on Thayer St.

--TV Shows I am enjoying this season-- 30 Rock, which I thought I would hate but Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan are hilarious in it; The Office- always great; Curb Your Enthusiasm- started off slow this season but is got better by the end; The Law and Order franchises are still good but I hate the fact that they moved CI to USA where it is NOT available in HD...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home